The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Bureau of Administrative Reviews allow FIRST time DUI offenders to apply for a waiver review to obtain a restricted driver's license after enrolling in DUI School within 10 days from the day of the arrest. In exchange the Department will waive any driver's license suspension periods.......Learn More
DUI Level 1 Course
COVID-19 UPDATED RESPONSE:
Driving Schools lobby is closed to the general public. All enrollments are virtual. DUI Level 1 and 2 Courses are held virtually until Phase III of Safe Smart Step-by-Step Florida’s recovery plan is considered or until downward trajectory of new COVID-19 cases in our county is consistent over a 14 day period. For more information, please call (850) 833-7474.
Meet court-ordered requirements for a first-time DUI offense through in-class DUI education.
DUI Level I is a course for first time DUI (Driving Under the Influence) or alcohol/substance abuse offenses in which the court or DHSMV requires completion of the course, evaluation, and treatment if required. The course is only available in the classroom and online registration is available. It is a twelve-hour course with a separate one hour substance abuse evaluation.
Registration for the Level I course is only available to clients that have never previously attended DUI School at any time, at any location or for any reason. Prior attendance to any DUI School requires you to register for Level II DUI School. If you attend Level I in error, you will forfeit your registration fee and be required to pay the full fee for Level II DUI School.
Bridgeway Center, Inc. Driving Schools provides DUI School for persons who live, work and go to school in Okaloosa / Walton counties. If you life in another county, permission must be granted from the DUI Program in the county of residence.
Please be certain you want to enroll in the course as there are NO REFUNDS.
Office Registration $309.00
Registration Fee Includes: State Assessment Fee, $5.00 DRI Fee, $4.00 Breath Test Fee, *$15.00 FL Driving Record (Optional) *$15.00 credit will be applied if you bring in your certified FL lifetime driving record at the time of enrollment. The driving record must be obtained at the DHSMV and no more than 30 days old.
Online Registration $326.50
Registration Fee Includes: State Assessment Fee, $5.00 DRI Fee, $4.00 Breath Test Fee, $7.00 Online Fee, *$15.00 FL Driving Record *(Pre-paid fee for all online enrollments).
CREDIT CARD SERVICE FEE: Non-refundable $10.50 service fee, paid to GovPayNet (GPS)
To enroll, the student must provide the following:
- Copy of the ticket or citation
- Copy of the arrest report and probable cause. You may get this information at the Clerk of Court (County of the Arrest), Lawyer or Probation office.
- Copy of the court order or probation order (if sentenced)
- Photo identification
- Driving record (Per DHSMV requirements, if you have not had a Florida driver's license for a minimum of 5 years or more, you must provide a driving record for all the states you have previously been licensed). You can obtain and official driving record by contacting the Dept. Of Motor Vehicles in the State in which you were licensed. Click here for information on how to obtain your out-of-state driving record.
- The student should plan for approximately one hour to register. Payment of the full fee is required at the time of registration.
This course is a 3 night class from 5:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. all three nights.
To enroll for the classroom course, download and fill out our Enrollment Form PDF and bring it along with payment to either of our offices. Please click here to view the current available class times.
You must come by our office during normal business hours within the next week to obtain your course and evaluation schedule. There are additional documents required for completion prior to the first night of your class.