POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking applicants who love working with adults who are attempting to build a recovery system after involvement with the criminal justice system. This position works with the criminal justice population. It provides mental health and substance abuse treatment, linkage with Case Management services, and supporting individuals with mental health needs during their detention within the Okaloosa County Jail. Recovery Support Navigator (RSN) will provide individual and group counseling services teaching strategies for living with a mental health diagnosis and/or co-occurring substance abuse diagnosis. RSN will establish a relapse prevention plan as part of a long-term approach to recovery.
A Recovery Support Navigator (RSN) aims to provide care management and system navigation supports to participants with a mental health diagnosis and/or cooccurring substance use disorder. Staffed by paraprofessionals, RSN services engage with current and past Pre-Trial Unit (PTU) participants as they present in the treatment system and support them in accessing treatment services and community resources.
The applicant selected for this position must be comfortable routinely working alone and be able to manage the clients in the Pre-Trial Unit.
The program uses an evidenced-based service model with proven results. New associates received training, mentoring, and coaching throughout the onboarding process.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
BENEFITS OFFERED: BCI offers competitive salaries and benefits. Benefits include:
- Eleven (11) Paid Holidays
- 17 days per year of PTO
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care / Dependent Care Reimbursement Program
- Employer Paid $15,000.00 Life Insurance
- Florida Blue Group Health Insurance
- Vision / Dental Insurance
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED AND must be currently certified through the Florida Certification Board as a Peer (Adult Endorsement Preferred) OR must be able to obtain a Peer certification (Adult Endorsement Preferred) within one hundred eighty (180) days of employment as a condition of continued employment. Applicant must be able to pass an Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) Medicaid and Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) Level II background check, Tuberculosis (TB) test, and a drug screening. Applicants must also have a valid Florida Driver License with no more than three (3) points on their driving record.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: The job responsibilities of a Recovery Support Navigator (RSN) include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing best case practice standards, supports the Pre-Trial Unit (PTU) Forensic Counselors and following participants once they have successfully graduated from the PTU.
- Encourages positive peer relationships and healthy social outlets while identifying opportunities to develop skills and achieve personal growth.
- Utilize tools to assist clients in creating their wellness and recovery plans.
- Uses ongoing individual and group sessions to teach clients how to identify and combat negative self-talk and how to identify and overcome fears by providing a forum that allows group members and peers to share their experiences. Encourages clients in the development of hope through the learning of strengths and combating negative self-talk.
- Models and reinforces responsible interpersonal and self-respecting behavior.
- Teaches and supports participants to develop plans and access resources.
- Encourages life skills management such as financial responsibility and homemaking skills.
- With other team members, provide support and education to participants support system to help them become knowledgeable about mental illness, collaborate in the treatment process, and assist in their family member’s progress.
- Helps families understand developmental readiness and utilizes teachable moments to surface important issues in helping clients reach their long-range vision.
- Teaches and supports participants to develop their plans and access resources.
- Occasionally will transport participants in personal vehicle and work vehicles to provide support in getting to required appointments.
- Learns, models, teaches, and coaches The Seven Challenges, AA, NA, and social skills strategies as a tool for participants.
WORK LOCATION: Fort Walton Beach (FWB)
WORK HOURS: Fluctuate – Primarily 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with some nights and weekends depending on clients. Nights and weekends may be required. Work hours may be earlier or later than normal shifts to meet with clients who are early or late workers.
WAGE: The wage for this position is $17.00 per hour.
NOTE: APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO DRUG TESTING.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. (BCI) IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit secure3.entertimeonline.com.