Date Posted: 9/2/2020
Location: Fort Walton Beach
POSITION SHIFT AVAILABLE: Floating Shift - Will be required to work any of the following shifts for coverage: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., or 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking applicants that want to work with clients in a Jail Pre-Trial Release program. This program provides an effective way to develop skills needed to return to their lives by addressing behavioral health issues that contribute to activities that resulted in incarceration. Join a dynamic and innovative team who search for empowering ways to improve the quality of life for the people we serve. A career with BCI as a Forensic Counselor is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of the clients served.
The Forensic Counselor will provide group counseling; teach strategies for living substance free and establish a relapse prevention plan as part of a long-term approach to recovery.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Science, or Human Services. Applicant must be able to pass a DCF Level II criminal background check, Tuberculosis (TB) test, and a drug screening.
1. Provide psychosocial rehabilitation groups
2. Provide Substance Use (SU) groups
3. Provide daily living support to clients in a pilot shelter program
4. Participating in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings and communicating appropriately with referral sources
5. Conducting transition and discharge planning
6. Providing clients with linkages to other supportive social services
7. Maintaining appropriate and accurate documentation within the Electronic Health Record (EHR)
SHIFT: Floating Shift – Will be required to work any of the following shifts for coverage: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., or 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
WORK LOCATION: Fort Walton Beach (FWB)
BASE WAGE: The base wage for this position is $14.50 per hour
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER