Bonnie R. Barlow, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
President / Chief Executive Officer
Bonnie has been with Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) for 38 years and has been the CEO since August 2018.
Over the years, Bonnie has worked in many different positions at BCI. She was a misdemeanor probation officer and supervisor for ten years, managed the DUI School program, and taught Driver Improvement classes. Bonnie also gave teenagers and adults driving lessons in Crestview and Ft. Walton Beach. Bonnie assisted with the development of the first Mental Health Court and Drug Court for Okaloosa County.
Bonnie has served as the Quality Management Coordinator, CEO Executive Assistant/EAP Coordinator, SRQ Program Manager, Human Resources Officer (HRO), Chief Administrative Officer, and Chief Operating Officer.
Bonnie earned her Senior Professional in Human Resources certification and an SHRM Senior Certified Professional certification. Bonnie is also a recipient of Bridgeway Center’s Distinguished Service Award.
Since becoming the CEO, Bonnie has worked to implement Okaloosa County’s Pre-Trial Diversion Program, Outpatient Detox Unit, Opioid Medication Assistance Treatment program, provide daily operations at One Hopeful Place (Homeless Shelter for single men and women), and facilitate the HUD Permanent Supportive Housing program for Okaloosa and Walton Counties. She established a primary care clinic for the uninsured and Medicaid population, and BCI received a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic grant in 2022.
Bonnie’s current membership and affiliations include the following:
• Member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
• Board of Director for Healthy Start
• Trustee for One Okaloosa Economic Development Council
• Crestview Area Chamber of Commerce Member
• Board of Director for Community Solutions of the Emerald Coast
• Kiwanis Club of Fort Walton Beach, FL Member
• Board of Director for Florida Behavioral Health Association (FBHA)
• 100+ Women Who Care Emerald Coast Member
• Board of Director for Homelessness and Housing Alliance
• Board of Director for Opportunity Place, Inc.
• Greater Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce Board of Director
• One Hopeful Place
• Okaloosa County Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Member
• Crestview Mayor’s Homeless Advisory Committee Member
• Opioid Task Force for Crestview Mayor