Date Posted: 2/18/2021
Location: Fort Walton Beach
POSITION SUMMARY: Bridgeway Center, Inc. (BCI) is seeking qualified applicants for the Community Action Treatment (CAT) Team Referral Specialist position for our CAT Team. Applicants must be outgoing, like working with the public, and welcome BCI’s clients cheerfully while providing superior customer service. Must have the ability to multi-task and remain professional at all times to ensure that each client walks away having had a positive, helpful, and caring experience.
The CAT Team Referral Specialist is responsible for processing of all community referrals, assessing for CAT eligibility and providing direction and resources to those not meeting CAT criteria. The CAT Team Referral Specialist will work closely with other CAT Team members and BCI associates.
Join a dynamic and innovative team who search for empowering ways to improve the quality of life for the people we serve through education and assessment. A career with BCI as a Referral Specialist is rewarding and fulfilling because you make a difference every day in the lives of the clients served.
New associates receive training, mentoring, and coaching throughout the on-boarding process.
We invite you to further explore this amazing opportunity by submitting your application today.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED plus two (2) years related experience. Have excellent knowledge of Word and Excel as well as overall computer skills. Must be comfortable with making and receiving telephone interactions with referral sources and other agencies. Compliance with minimum standards for screening of mental health personnel as contained in F.S. 394.4572. Must be able to pass a DCF Level II background screening, drug screening, and a Tuberculosis (TB) screening. Applicant must have a valid Driver License (DL) with no major violations and be able to be insured under BCI’s automobile policy. Spanish-speaking or Bilingual applicants are preferred, but not required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: We are seeking highly motivated and high-performance applicants that want to learn and grow in our industry. We are excited to meet interested potential teammates. Main job tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Accepting and processing community referrals for CAT Team eligibility, appropriateness, and level of priority.
2. Links referrals to community resources as appropriate.
3. Initiates contact with the family and completes the orientation process, working closely with the CAT Team members to ensure all materials, documents, and client records are in order and available.
4. Maintains the CAT waitlist, following up on referrals and with referral sources during waitlist duration to reassess priority, link to services and maintain CAT best practices.
5. Assists CAT Team Lead and CAT Coordinator with maintaining the CAT spreadsheet for waitlist monitoring, referral assignment, and client caseload management in accordance to CAT’s best practices.
6. Receives and assists callers and outside agency representatives regarding CAT Team purpose, program procedures, and triage questions as applicable.
7. Provide transportation, respite, support, and encouragement to youth and their families as needed to improve child and family functioning.
8. Notifies Program Director / Team Lead of any abuse. Notifies Program Director / Team Lead within one (1) hour of any significant issues, problems, or concerns regarding client, services, or community partners.
WORK LOCATION: Primary location is Fort Walton Beach (FWB)
WORK HOURS: Mon – Fri; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
BASE WAGE: The base wage for this position is $12.25 per hour and for 6-10 years of experience is $13.25 per hour. The maximum years of experience that BCI gives credit for is ten (10) years.
***Applicant must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
Notify the Human Resources Office in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process.
BRIDGEWAY CENTER, INC. IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER